Thursday, February 28, 2013

Clinton: Health won't 'factor in at all' in decision to run for president

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said her recent health issues won't "factor in at all" in a decion on whether or not to run for higher office.

"I have no doubt that I am healthy enough and my stamina is great enough and I'll be fully recovered to do whatever I choose to do," Clinton told "Andrea Mitchell Reports" in an interview posted online Tuesday.

Despite confidence in her health, Clinton continued to insist that she hasn't made any decisions regarding the 2016 race for the White House.

"[I] don't have any decisions made. I have no real plans to make any such decisions. I'm looking forward to some very quiet time catching up on everything from sleep, to reading, to walking with my family. I think it’s hard to imagine for me what it will be like next week when I wake up and I have nowhere to go. Maybe I'll go back to sleep for a change," she said.

Clinton, who is doing a round of exit interviews before she steps down on Friday, told CNN that blood clots are "very common," affecting "millions of people."

"I am lucky because I have been very healthy. I feel great. I've got enormous amounts of energy that have to be harnessed and focused, so I'm very fortunate and I'm looking forward to this next chapter in my life, whatever it is," she said.

Clinton was hospitalized in December after doctors found a blood clot stemming from a concussion she has suffered earlier. The clot was found in her head between her brain and right ear.

She drew attention last week for a rare joint interview, which aired Sunday on CBS's "60 Minutes," with President Obama, a former political rival-turned ally and friend.

“The main thing is I just wanted to have a chance to publicly say 'thank you,' because I think Hillary will go down as one of the finest secretaries of State we've had,” Obama told CBS.

The Senate officially approved Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) to succeed Clinton in a 94-3 vote Tuesday.

View Comments

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment