Friday, March 22, 2013

Scott Brown in talks for job at Fox News

Former Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) is in negotiations with Fox News to become a contributor to the network, a spokesperson for the channel said Wednesday.

Brown would be the second former legislator to join the network this year, alongside former Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio), who debuted late last month. Brown, who lost his reelection bid to freshman Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), said last week that he would not seek the seat opened by former Sen. John Kerry's (D-Mass.) appointment as secretary of State.

At the time, Brown said he was not convinced another run for Congress was the best way to advocate for his policy goals.

“I was not at all certain that a third Senate campaign in less than four years, and the prospect of returning to a Congress even more partisan than the one I left, was really the best way for me to continue in public service at this time. And I know it’s not the only way for me to advance the ideals and causes that matter most to me," Brown said in a statement.

Earlier Wednesday, the former senator announced he was joining the board of directors of Kadant Inc., a paper company.

"I am honored to have the opportunity to contribute to Kadant and learn more about the challenges of an international business," Brown said in a statement. "Kadant has been on the forefront of designing and manufacturing equipment to recycle and produce paper for decades. I look forward to sharing my knowledge and experiences and contributing to the future direction and growth of this global leader."

View Comments

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment